Commercial Committee (COMCO)
International Rugby League's Commercial Committee serves as an advisory to manage the preparedness of all matters relating to income generating activity including but not limited to global and competition sponsors and partners, media rights, event and competition titles and marks, retail and merchandise, and all online platforms as part of a commercial vision.
The purpose and key areas of activity are:
- To serve in an advisory and strategic capacity to manage the preparedness of IRL in all matters relating to its income generating commercial activity including but not limited to global and competition sponsors and partners, media rights, event and competition titles and marks, retail and merchandise, and all online platforms as part of a commercial vision.
- To evaluate and analyse potential commercial performance of various international calendar models and to determine the most financially viable and deliverable for recommendation.
- To undertake any preliminary negotiations and to determine and recommend actions to the IRL Board for approval, including, where based on detailed proposals, recommendations whether to enter into agreement with a commercial partner.
- To consider commercial rights of any potential commercial partnership IRL may choose to enter into.
- To link with members, associates and stakeholders as required to facilitate a coherent commercial plan that furthers the IRL’s objects as set out in its article of association.
Greg Barclay (Chair), Greg Peters (NZRL), Graeme Thompson (ERL), Danny Kazandijan (IRL CEO), Andrew Abdo (NRL), Emma Young (IRL Independent Director) and Ralph Rimmer (ERL). Charlotte Monkman (IRL) is secretary.