International Rugby League's Remuneration Committee serves as an advisory to the IRL Board.
The group's purpose and key areas of activity are:
- Determine and agree with the Board, the framework or broad policy for the remuneration of the IRL executives and consultants. No Director shall be involved in any decision as to their own remuneration.
- In determining such policy the Committee must take into account factors which it deems necessary. The objective of such policy shall be to ensure that members of the executive management of the company are provided with appropriate incentives to encourage enhanced performance and are, in a fair and responsible manner, rewarded for their individual contributions to the success of the company.
- Review the on-going appropriateness and relevance of the remuneration policy.
- Approve the design of, and determine targets for, any performance related pay schemes operated by the company and approve the total annual payments made under such schemes.
- Determine the policy for, and the scope of any appropriate pension arrangements.
- Ensure that contractual terms on termination, and any payments made, are fair to the individual and the company, that failure is not rewarded and that the duty to mitigate loss is fully recognised.
- Within the terms of the agreed policy and in consultation with the Board determine the total remuneration package of each executive and consultant including bonuses, if any, incentive payments, benefits and pension.
- In determining such packages and arrangements give due regard to any relevant legal requirements and at all times to consider any best practice.
- Take account of sector remuneration levels to ensure the company is competitive and able to recruit executives of the required competency.
- Review and note annually the remuneration trends across the company.
- Oversee any major changes in employee benefits structures throughout the company.
- Agree the policy for authorising claims for expenses from the executive and
Chair: Troy Grant (IRL Independent Chair)
Reon Edwards (IRL Board Observer)
Emma Young (IRL Independent Director)
Secretary: Danny Kazandjian (IRL Management)